HOY! Card Game
HOY! Is an easy social game that is played in a similar fashion to BINGO. The object of the game is to be the first player to complete their card hand and yell out the word “HOY!”
Ideal Group Size: 1:1 or small group
- Deck of Cards
- Large Deck of Cards (or 2nd deck if large sizes are not available)
- Find a table or sitting area that can accommodate each player and their cards.
- From the first deck of cards, each participant is dealt five to six cards face up. They are put in a row in front of them.
- The “caller” then uses the large deck of cards and flips one up at a time and calls out the suit and number (for example: “8 of diamonds”).
- If a participant has the “8 of diamonds” in front of them, they flip it upside down.
- The first participant to flip all of their cards face down yells “HOY!” and wins that round.
- After an agreed number of rounds, collect all the cards and thank each person for participating.