Using eggshells is a great way to modify traditional Mosaic artwork. This is a fun creative craft to work on fine motor skills and attention to detail.
Ideal Group Size: 1:1 or small group
- Jars of water
- Food Dye
- White glue
- Collect eggshells, wash them, and break them into small pieces.
- Fill jars or cups with water and food dye of your choice. Add the eggshells and leave them to soak in the dye.
- After the eggshells have been soaking for a while, take them out and let them dry on paper towel. They will look like little pieces of coloured tile.
- On your canvas or cardstock paper, draw an outline of your design.
- Working on one small section at a time, use your paintbrush to paste glue, and lay pieces of the eggshells in that area.
- The eggshells don’t need to fit perfectly together. Try to stay within your outline and you will get a great mosaic effect!
- Fill each section with different coloured eggshells. You will end up with a mosaic that is easy to do at home!